I figured I’d plug Enkay Blog‘s latest project (better late than never!)
This is similar to the pixel purchase sites that pop up now and then. I typically stay away from these sorts of projects for a few reasons.
1) The amount of space you get isn’t really worth it. You get a tiny space to fit a blog logo into, so the advertising value is almost non existent.
2) The sites themselves need to gain PR to give you much value for the link, and there are a lot of clone sites out there competing for attention.
I did purchase three blocks on The Wall of Blogs, though, for these reasons:
1) Well, it’s done by Enkay, which makes it cool!
2) You get a lot of space, plenty to show a blog logo so it’s actually readable.
3) I expect all the blogs that buy space will post about it and link to The Wall of Blogs, because of #1 and #2, so in the next PR update a link from it could be a nice boost.
I found out about The Wall of Blogs late, since I’ve been neglecting my RSS reader again. So I ended up with the first set of blocks on level 2 of the site. The plan is to rotate ads, though, so every ad will display above the fold for at least a few days during the month. This is a great move, and provides continuing value even to late adopters.
At $5 a block, this is one of the best values in pixel advertising I’ve seen.